Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 2 months ago

Should I hold onto this stock or look for an alternative?

I have owned a particular stock for over 3 years now and it has remained pretty flat, averaging around 1.8% growth per year - It is trading below its Intrinsic Value, has steady growth in its revenue and net income and enough assets to cover all of its total debt.

But my question is, which such little return a year, should I considering selling it and look for an alternative?I mean the average index fund even preforms better than that.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Steve
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Sell it and put that money into something that will move in a positive direction.

• 2 months ago

If the stock price has a long history of not going anywhere, then you shouldn't have bought it. Sometimes you've got to ask why it is so cheap based on the statistics. 

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If you haven't made a killing in the past 8-9 months, your are not paying enough attention to your investments. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I look at the reasons I bought it in the first place. Are they still valid?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

What made you buy it?  

You didn't say anything about the growth rate of EPS/net income. 

The company may be financially healthy, but a slow grower.   A slow grower is a slow grower.    It's not what I would be looking for.

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

yeah, chuck it...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.