Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Should i divorce my husband for leaving the toilet seat up?

Or should he divorce you for leaving it down?  Perhaps he should just remove the seat altogether and throw it away.  Trying to control your partner is the most stupid thing that you can do in a marriage or relationship.  And you are currently winning first prize in the stupid stakes.

• ?

Unless you just like sitting in the splatter and spray, you should thank him for leaving the seat up where it will stay dry and clean.

Yes, if you aren't smart enough to put the seat down and need him to put it down for you, yes, divorce him.

Only an idiot fails to understand that the toilet LID is what prevents items like socks, tooth brushes, etc. from falling into the toilet. I'm not saying you SHOULD be careless with your husband's personal items. But accidents do happen. 

If he habitually turns differences like this into power struggles, into "you can't make me do things I don't want to do and I'll give you a bad time if you find fault with how I do things and ask me to change" struggles, then yes you may have to divorce him. You can't have a good marriage unless both people are wonderfully willing and able to negotiate differences in good faith. 

The positives of closing the lid obviously outweigh any advantages of NOT closing the lid. He's being a stubborn @$$hole. Not predictive of a long or happy marriage for either of you.