Looking for a game?

I’m looking for an older game I believe it was a drawn game, really pretty and I think not too long. From what I remember it’s about a kid who gets this message or text message and is on a bus or train heading to this destination. They end up a hill or path I think to a mystery place. I get this barely makes sense. I could have sworn I saw Jacksepticeye play this ages ago unless I got the wrong YouTube. Think it might be either indie or Japanese or a maybe Kickstarter type game.  

Any ideas? 

I know it’s older and 2D had almost an ominous tone near end can’t remember much else but a bright game. 

I was going to suggest "What Remains of Edith Finch" until you added the part about 2D. So, it was a side scrolling game (left to right or right to left)? Was there platforming/jumping? What was the gameplay? How "old" is old? He's only been uploading YouTube videos since 2012. 

You could try googling "2d side scroller games" or "Jacksepticeye games list" or something like that. 

All of his playlists are at this link: https://www.youtube.com/c/jacksepticeye/playlists