Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

so if i pray to jesus and ask him to forgive my sins on my deathbed does that mean i can sin all the way until deathbed and go to heaven?

Nope.  Dream on, though.  Real repentance takes time and effort.  It cannot be accomplished on one's deathbed.

• Git

Yes.

Sounds kind of silly, doesn’t it. But that is what Christians would have you believe. Kind of defeat the morality of a religion’s existence.

• Matt

(John 3:3) Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

If you make Jesus your Lord and Savior and you are Born Again, meaning that you receive a brand new spirit made in the Righteousness of God, you will no longer have a desire to sin because you have been made a new creation in Christ Jesus!

All your sins have already been paid for through the Blood of Jesus Christ, all you have to do is accept him as your Savior!

(Romans 10:9-13) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Jesus has the answer he will say, get away from me you hypocrite I do not know you.

• Paul

Since that would obviously be insincere, no, that wouldn't accomplish anything. You can't con God. Also, who says you are going to have a deathbed? You could be killed in a car crash tomorrow.

• Phil M

I don't think that is how it works.

So you know you should turn away from your sins and go to Jesus, but you don't want to do it until you're about to die, right?

I'm not sure how God will treat people who think they can use the sacred cross like a doormat to wipe their dirty feet on... but I know it won't be pretty.

Waiting until the 11th hour to repent? What happens if you die at 10:30?

Anybody thinking that must be a total idiot, knowing nothing of how God judges the unrighteous, yet will freely pardon only those who become convicted of their sin by the operating of the Holy Spirit in their guilty conscience. When the Holy Spirit convicts sinners, they become repulsed at their own sin. They turn from it with tears and supplications to God for mercy. They see in Jesus the only means of the punishment they deserve having been borne, in their stead. That awareness transforms them.

You will NEVER pray to Jesus in faith until the Holy Spirit first convicts you of your sin. Nobody does. Many - with no understanding - think it's a ritual, a formula. They remain unsaved.

No. Jesus said to pray to the father, not him.

That's interesting, five people do not believe what the Bible says!

• Wundt

I have asked similar questions in the past and the answer is always "yes, if conversion is sincere then salvation will be granted."  Personally, I find the concept, that a non-Christian who has lived a good life would punished while a Christian who has done great harm will be rewarded, is nonsensical.