Shay asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Am I allowed to move in with my boyfriend? ?

I live in England with my parents, he lives in Wales with his parents. I want to move in with him, I've been applying for jobs there but having no luck, so I think it's best if I go there to apply for them. Will I be allowed to go there to live due to lock down rules? Also found out yesterday that I'm pregnant with his child. We are both 20. Thanks 

if youre 20 you dont need your parents permission to do that

Since you really can't move right now I'll humbly suggest you try to get a job in whatever part of the country you're living in now. This way at least you could be saving up some money for when you're finally able to move. This will be important because the longer you and he are trying to create a family in his parent's home the greater the chances your relationship won't survive. It'll be imperative that you two find your own place ASAP. 

No.  You have to be moving to a permanent residence to make the move.  Thus unless you are somehow signing a lease in Wales without a job, or if your plan is to live at his home with his parents, he and his parents would have to attest to that fact that you are coming to stay, not just visit.

It's not as if you'll be traveling "back I'm fore"? What does that mean, exactly?

I understand that I'm not meant to be travelling, however I am going to be moving there at some point and I really need a job ASAP. Its also not as if I'll be travelling back I'm fore, I'll be moving there and staying there. 

What part of 'lock down' don't you understand? If you travel at this time there is a very good chance of a hefty fine (£200) and being turned around. Wait until the restrictions are lifted. If you have the sense that is.