Does Ted Cruz have no idea what with the Paris Clinate agreement is or does he assum e his supporters are idiots?

Seems a little ridiculous a politician at his level has no idea what it is, yet is fighting against it. I would like to think he does know what it is, assumes his constituents and followers are idiots and can tell them anything and they will believe because their lord and savior was against it also.

The Republican Party has no conception of the consequences of climate change.  They do not worry about the future of the country or the planet, since they are only looking to their own 2 to 4 yr future.  They do not want to alienate their donors.

• HMFan

Yes, both........

• RICK

Ted Cruz has no idea..............about anything, just another ignorant member of Congress

The whole tiff about the Paris Climate Agreement is for audience consumption. It makes absolutely no difference whether the US is in it or not because none of the nations who are signatories are anywhere near compliance on its demands. It's become just a litmus test for US politicians as no one has any actual interest or ability to follow its dictates. 

• Mark

Ted Cruz reminds me of that guy you meet at some bars, who asks you for a game of pool, and when he loses, he gets all belligerent and says something like "I'll get you nekst, ya dirty bastard!"  (In other words, I don't care WHAT he says.)

He can fight from here till eternity, it will do him no good. He has no credibility, we all know he is a bootlicker [permanent]; of the former president. Just because of a few more votes. 

He is a smart man, but I find it rather stupefying that he would come out with something that stupid.  I remember listing to Sarah Palin's first nationally televised speech.  She was speaking about special needs children, and as she has a child with Down's, I figured she was qualified to do so.  She was speaking about the need for more funding for genetic research (yay!), then she says "They send all that money to Paris, and study FRUIT flies!".  Cutting edge genetic research happens in Paris, and fruit flies are a cornerstone of genetic research.  Despite having a child suffering from a genetic anomaly, she obviously had zero knowledge about genetic research.  I couldn't believe that no one had fact checked her speech before she gave it.  In her case, I think it was sheer ignorance; Cruz should know better.  It was nice that AOC schooled him. 

I believe he is banking on his belief that his supporters are not smart enough or informed enough to understand what it is. I wish you'd all prove him wrong. He gives republicans a bad name, and he really should be ousted from the Senate, insurrectionist-sympathizer that he is. 

I lost all respect for Ted Cruz after he failed to defend his wife from Trump's personal attacks. What kind of beta-cuck allows another man to disrespect his wife that way?