My stimulus was scheduled to be sent the 6th of january and i still have recied it in the mail.?

Update:

Still havent recieved it

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

That is very sad  How can we help?

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Thousands of people haven't gotten them yet. Blame it on the postal service. They've been horribly slow since before Christmas with the increased volume that's been thrown at them. Having millions of pieces of mail dropped into the system all at once hasn't helped the matter a bit. Blame it on the new postmaster general taking all those sorting machines off line.

• 2 months ago

Mine says the same.  There was also a note elsewhere on the site saying it could take 4-6 weeks to receive.  The legislation had a deadline of when they could officially pay.  My guess is that they processed them up to a point so that they could say they were paid and then continued to get them all the way through the backlog.  So......keep waiting.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Hurry up and wait. My first one was 10 weeks late.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Go on the IRS website and click the button that says Get My Payment. If it says something like "Status Unavailable," then they will not send it to you until you file your taxes and you ask for it. 

Filing electronically with something like TurboTax is the fastest & easiest way.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.