Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 1 month ago

Why do SO MANY COMIC BOOK NERDS HATE Sam Raimi's Spider-Man Movies?

I loved his movies I even loved Spider-Man 3 I just wish they would have kept venom out of it . I am even fond of the mark Webb amazing Spider-Man movies and I think it tells a very fascinating story you just have to cut and edit through the second one to get that story .

I love comic books and I don't hate Sam Raimi's spider-man movies. They're part of my childhood.

I don't think those were comic book nerds that hates Sam Raimi's Spiderman. Comic book nerds knew Spiderman had organic web shooter at one point and were okay with this movie. According to what I understand, they didn't like that Tobey was too old or looked too old to be Peter Parker. That's the only thing I see people being mad about. Also, as of right now, there is a lot of people who actually likes Tobey as Spiderman and wants to see him put on the Spidy suit again.

I don't think I agree that this is the case.  I recall some backlash against the web shooters being biologic, and I think rightly so.  But at the time, super-hero movies weren't the proven commodity they are now.  Reducing the level of suspension of disbelief by having Peter's powers all come from ONE source instead of ALSO having him be a genius was not an unreasonable decision.  Raimi also mixed Gwen and MJ into one girl (and named her MJ)...but again, no one expected enough time to work two romantic leads.

I think where Raimi gets criticized (and VERY unjustly) is when you get to Spider-Man 3.  But I think most people who pay attention are aware that SM3 was a Frankenstein's monster of the Sandman plot Raimi wanted (the only good thing in the movie) mixed with tacked on Venom plot that the studio insisted on and practically WROTE for him.  They even forced the casting of Topher Grace on him from what I understood...who was completely wrong for Venom.  The whole Spider-douche thing was also the studio's idea.

I think if they'd left Raimi alone, he'd have completed the best trilogy of superhero movies with the possible exception of the Nolan Batman trilogy (though I would have rated Raimi's SM franchise above them).  The Cap trilogy was pretty strong too, but if SM3 had been the movie Raimi wanted, I suspect it would have been better.

😄

I dunno. Sam Raimi is who did Xena and I loved his work.

Action and intended comedy.