Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

Is my antique gun / militaria collection respectable at all? Older collectors act like it’s just junk?

This is all I’ve been able to build up during college on minimum wage:

Type 38 Arisaka with mum built about 1919, bring back from the Philippines 

Type 38 Arisaka Trainer with dust cover / cleaning rod

Soviet SVT-40, built at Tula in 1943. Russian refurb, import stamped 

Type 95 Japanese NCO sword, wood grips

Type 32 Japanese NCO cavalry sword 

91/30 Mosin Nagant, supposedly Korean War bring back 

3-4 original Japanese flags, a couple are framed

1858 built Ethan Allen percussion cap pistol, .32 caliber. 

This has taken a lot of work to put together on minimum wage, but it’s heartbreaking having older collectors act like it’s all junk. Thanks

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 days ago

It's not junk, but it's of almost no interest to American collectors. The Russian stuff has much more value and interest to Americans.

• 1 month ago

Well, serious American Gun collectors, naturally want serious  American weapons,  from our own history.  Colt .45's------Remmington rifles,  Winchester pump action....and stuff like that. 

Gun collectors are not  gonna be terribly impressed with Japanese swords and a few flags. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

For the most part, Japanese military rifles are well designed and produced with good quality control out of good materials. Late war emergency weapons are the exception. However, their exterior appearance in not in line with European or other western standards. Thus are not in favor with American users or collectors.

Japanese handguns are decidedly weird so are not of interest.

• 1 month ago

japanese wwll stuff is all junk, unless in ment condition, no one wants it

the only thing you have worth collecting is the 1958 pistol

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Sorry, it's nothing to brag about. You bought it on small investments and it probably hasn't increased in value much. If I were you, I wouldn't discuss this with serious collectors as it's really low end.

The interest in Japanese weapons in America isn't very high. Only serious historians have much interest in those items. The Russian weapons have more interest and value. I have no idea about the Ethan Allen cap lock.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.