Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

Why do black girls straighten their hair?

I like to keep my natural hair, do people find afro  hair unattractive 

As such, Black ladies adjust their normally 'unusual' or 'nappy' hair ... On the off chance that Ms. Tatum had decided to fix her hair, she probably would not have been terminated.

• L

To look more like white girls.  African Americans - genetically, have kinky hair.  They see all of the attention white girls get, with straight hair, and they want to look the same way.........so they either have it straightened or ironed.  However, their hair will not stay this way very long and it will just go back to being kinky again. 

The same goes for a girl with naturally curly hair.........she can try, all she wants, to get it to go straight, but sooner or later it will go back to it's natural state.........curly.

Because they want to? Why is this about race? It’s like a White women with curly hair wanting to straighten their hair😑

Just like girls with straight hair want to curl their hair. 

I am pale skin, blue eyes, strawberry blonde hair and Irish and my hair is naturally wavy and I have to go to a salon to straighten it. I guess black girls have thick curly hair I don't know and they have to have it straighten just like my white self has to with mine 

Probably just for a change, maybe to see how it looks

Because they like having straight hair,- it is easiest to take of

Maybe they just like straight hair? im mixed and i straighten my hair

I prefer straight or wavy not afro!

It could be because they prefer the look better but natural afro hair takes a lot of maintenance and sometimes people like to give themselves a bit of a break and have their hair straight. Or they want a different look. There is nothing wrong with it.