Can I drive an insured car with a fleet restriction license in NC?

I recently got my license in NC. I took the written test to get my permit and completed a drivers log as a wavier for the road test. I do not have insurance so my license has a fleet restriction. Can i drive a car in someone else's name and insurance safely? 

ISIS = ISRAELI SECRET INTELLIGENCE SERVICE = daughter of MOSSAD.

AL QAEDA = daughter of CIA.

Next false flag (in order to attack Iran) = STATUE OF LIBERTY.

9/11 and Statue of Liberty false flags were predicted by saint healer prophet VYACHESLAV  KRASHENINNIKOV (aka incarnated ARCHANGEL URIEL).

Source(s): According to the Last Prophet (aka incarnated ARCHANGEL URIEL aka saint healer VYACHESLAV KRASHENINNIKOV) if the last descendant rejects mark of the beast, then his/her direct ancestors go to permanent heaven. To reject mark of the beast, one needs to hide within a 10-15 people group without electronics/documents. Documents are from Satan; burn them. Electronics can be used to track you and to show the antichrist (even on old broken unplugged TV set from 1970's); reject all vaccines, tests, temperature scans, etc.; forgive me.

You can drive someone else's car, but only if the someone else is a company with a fleet of vehicles.  NC has some very unique licensing / insurance laws, and this is one of them.  I don't think any other state or province has the same laws as NC.

In order to hold a valid licence in North Carolina, you have to be listed as a driver on a valid insurance policy.  The only exception to that rule is the fleet restriction, which allows you to drive rental cars (which are all insured as per state law).

You can buy and insure your own vehicle, you can be added to someone else's policy as a driver, or you can buy a non-owner's policy.  Showing proof of any of the above to the DMV will remove your fleet restriction.  A non-owner's policy doesn't actually cover you for anything (it comes with a list of exclusions a mile long), but they're popular in your state for reasons of keeping a licence valid.

• May

Yes.

If you drive an insured vehicle with permission and have a valid drivers license the insurance on that vehicle will be valid.

Vehicles are insured, NOT drivers. You cannot insure yourself, you can only insure vehicles.

• Ron

Yes, if that name happens to be a company, hence the "fleet".