Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Is porn bad for your brain?

I've been watching porn since I was around 12. I am 33 now and watch it daily.

I feel like it might make me view women/people as objects.

I moved on to harder and harder material that can be pretty disgusting.

On one hand I feel like it's harmless, on the other hand I feel like it's warping my mind.

Would I be happier if I quit?

Give yourself a porn break of at least a month.

You will be amazed at how much more motivated you will be to date.

If you're watching it daily that indicates a problem...

• Not

You'd be happier if you didn't care about what other people think and continue to watch porn. What you think is the most important thing for you, whether you like it or not.

Quite a few people believe that porn is bad for your mind.

• Cogito

It's just really pathetic.  Why would any intelligent person want to watch two (or more) strangers pretending to enjoy exaggerated, unrealistic, perverted sex?

It gives teens a really twisted idea of what sex is.  The reality is that sex between two real people who really like or love each other is nothing at all like porn.

It's legally allowed for adults but morally frowned on zx

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

It's natural to view women as sex objects because they are. Without men doing that, there would be no reproduction, and therefore no mind, no body, no eyes to see the heavens, no pondering the social condition. 

Thus of the only two things at which women are men's superiors - giving men sexual pleasure and having babies - it is giving men sexual pleasure that is of primary importance, because reproduction is downstream of it.

Everything else, without exception, men are better at, as proved by feminism itself. They need men's unequal help to even try or pretend to be equal pffft!

So no, porn per se, or representing women as the sex objects they are, is not bad for the brain.

What is bad is aggressing against other human beings.

Not for my brain. It has made life worth living for me. I can not adequately tell you how depressed how I was before lesbian porn became free and easily available. 

I'm ugly and I can't get women, so this does more than fill the hole. I'm not kidding when I say it has made me the happiest person in the world.

Does it make you view people as objects?  Is it warping your mind?  Would you be happier if you quit?  I think you know the answers to those questions.

Too much of it can be. Once in awhile you are okay.