Anne asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

My hair texture is becoming looser and it’s shedding a lot. What’s happening to my natural hair ?

I’m 21 and been natural all my life, and only straightened my hair once in my life. When I style my hair it’s only with doing a wash n go which I used eco styler and lotta body and to stretch my hair I use the banding method just to give an idea of what type of manipulation I do on my hair. A over some years I did notice I was having what appeared to be breakage but the hair that was left behind from the breakage looked a totally different texture from my 4a hair some looked to be around 3a-3b but it wasn’t a lot of breakage at all and I didn’t see it frequently in fact I think I saw it about 3 times over the span of many years. However I noticed in the past year that my hair texture by my neck has drastically changed from 4a to 3b which has raised some alarms for me since I hadn’t changed anything in my hair routine and I never use heat. Then around April I began to notice that my hair seems to be less full and I’m excessive shedding(shedding cause my hair cuticle is still attached from what I see). Then from June I put my hair in a protective style (some twist) and hardly ever manipulate it. However, now in 2021  I’m confused because I’m still having excessive shedding but I’m also noticing a lot of small loose textured hair which I always thought it was breakage but I’m thinking that it could also possibly be that since I’ve been shedding a lot since April my hair is growing back but it’s growing back in looser (?)  idk what’s going on any help or insight or suggestions?

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.