What are cold drinks?

Sometimes I hear people talk of cold drinks, like the doctor says too many cold drinks are bad for you. I've heard of soft drinks but not cold drinks. Is this a Southern or ghetto term?

Hey Karen L., what crawled up you and died? It's still bleeding. I guess I triggered people by asking if it was Southern or ghetto, as two people repeated me. I asked the question because I wanted a person's perspective based on their experience. Pardon your ignorance.

• ?

Most non-alcoholic drinks except those usually served hot such as tea, coffee and cocoa [hot chocolate]. Will, therefore, include fizzy pops, cordials, fruit juices, milk and milkshakes. 

peach ice tea is the best cold drink.

Cold drink' is just another commonly accepted term for soda or juice or what ever you have on hand to offer someone, most generally other than an alcoholic beverage

A soda pop (see § Terminology for different names) is a beverage that generally contains carbonated water (albeit some nutrient waters and lemonades are not carbonated), a sugar, and a characteristic or counterfeit seasoning. ... Soda pops might be served cool, over ice solid shapes, or at room temperature.

'Cold drink' is just another commonly accepted term for soda or juice or what ever you have on hand to offer someone, most generally other than an alcoholic beverage. It isn't central to any one ethnic group.

• ?

Honestly never heard the term "cold drinks" being used to describe anything other than the obvious, a cool beverage. Now. Mormons might say they can't have "hot drinks" and that is a specific term that means coffee or teas. That includes ice versions of both. 

A cold drink is a drink that is cold. If you don't understand the words 'drink' and 'cold', there are online dictionaries easily available. No, it isn't a southern or ghetto term.

• kswck2

Stay in school little troll. 

The one of the cold drinks is cold water,it non alcoholic drinks.

It just refers to any drink that's cold -- soda, iced tea, ice water, etc. A soft drink can be described as a "cold drink". All "soft" means it's that it's non-alcoholic.

It could also refer to alcoholic beverages -- beer, usually -- but normally it means something non-alcoholic.

So, it's not some southern or "ghetto" term.  Everyone enjoys cold drinks now and then, especially on a hot day or after hard work.