Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 1 month ago

What to do at age 70 no money only $1500 social security how to live?

A lot of people here saying you should get a side job. Of course after the medical industry in this country gets finished with people at our age, we’re usually fairly crippled by THEM.  So what kind of a “side job” are we going to do? Who the fu k is going to hire us at our age anyway?And of course Walmart got rid of the “greeters” they used to have which were good jobs for people who can’t move around a lot or have physical issues. So all these people telling you to get a part-time job and they don’t realize how hard it can be. Or what if you have neurological problems or some degree of dementia like I do? Induced by psychiatrists that I went to for depression after my divorce who ended up destroying me neurologically and physically with their drugs? Then what are you supposed to do? These people don’t have a clue. Making it sound like somebody at our age should just run out and “get a job” and it’s so easy. That’s absurd.What are you supposed to do? These people don’t know what they’re talking about. This is a brutal country for people who don’t have money at ANY age but when you get older they treat you like a piece of garbage here. When you go to the doctor they just say that there’s really nothing they could do because you’re just “old”. They don’t even bother with you anymore.Or they just try to load you up with a lot of toxic drugs or some unnecessary surgery to cripple you even worse. And people keep voting for Republicans in this country? Hopefully not anymore. That particular party doesn’t give a damn about poor people or old people ...they just want us all to die. Want to take away Medicare and Social Security etc. Fu king Nazis.

You live efficiently - clearly. I realize it very well may be baffling. I have no clue about where you reside, or what charges you need to pay- - yet there are various arrangements and answers for this inquiry - and until more subtleties are given, they can't be advertised.

The government has many supplemental programs available. You're eligible. Check them out online.

Where do you live? In Canada, you would be eligible for extra supplements.

You live cheaply--obviously.  I know it might be frustrating. I have no idea where you live, or what bills you have to pay--but there are numerous solutions and answers for this question--and until more details are provided, they can't be offered. 

• garry

yes and , its your problem not the governments , like the sick need hospital , or homeless need cheap rent ..or the unemployed need jobs ..he can always sell drugs or guns ..

A side hustle.

Ha ha ha..your question reminds me of what some folks have said to me. I've been building an off grid cabin for the past few years. When I explain that I'm doing some side work to fund the project, most people say "Well its off grid, what do you need to buy?" I'll answer: "A lot of things, solar power, water filters, its expensive to live off the land." The question is, What level of comfort do you want to live in? You could live like a king for $1500/month..under a bridge in Alabama. Or you could live like a peasant bringing in 15 thousand a month in Manhattan. You should move to a less expensive area, or go back to work. Sorry...

Get a part time job, you are still young.

Need money?   Get a job.

Social security was never meant to be your only source of income in retirement.   If you fail to invest for your own future, then you'll probably have to work until you're dead.