Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 1 month ago

Can I make coffee in a coffee maker but use tea in the water reservoir, instead of water?

If so what would it taste like?

• kswck2

One way to find out, eh? 

• CB

Yes you can! No you shouldn't because it will just make funky tasting coffee. 

I make tea in the coffee maker.   I just put a tea bag in the glass decanter, and let the rest work automatically.   You just have to watch how strong you let it get.

The principle impact will be shocking tea. Espresso producers will in general warmth water to around 98 degrees or something like that (simply off-bubble) since that makes the best espresso without making/extricating the more unpleasant flavors. Tea, notwithstanding, is best blended with water that is at an annoying bubble to remove the most flavor.

The other impact is that the kind of the tea is likely going to get granted into the plastics that the tea contacts, which will influence the flavor any future espresso arrangement. What's more, the other way around. The best tea kettles are the ones that have been utilized for quite a long time, consequently.

I can't think about any motivation behind why this would harm the brewer, except if you're putting the tea leaves into water repository straightforwardly. However, that would be simply inept.