Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

Could I steal this person's wallet without getting arrested?

I'm a high school senior and schools are open in person where I live.

Anyway I'm in virginia, and my uncle has been visiting from Florida for two weeks and he plans to drive back home late Wednesday morning.

But I don't particularly like this uncle so I'm thinking of screwing with him.

Say that before school Wednesday, I get a chance to swipe his wallet and take it with me.

Then he'll be ready to leave for florida, but I don't think he's gonna want to do that without his drivers license, his money, all his credit cards, etc.

I expect he'll be right up there at my school, going to the office and explaining the situation, and that's exactly why I won't have it on me anymore when they send for me.

I can either hand it over to a friend for safe keeping as soon as I arrive, or, as I'll know exactly why I've been called to the office, I can ditch it on the way. 

I won't be retrieving it later. I'm not doing it for his money, just to screw with him.

Then I can deny taking it, and the school resource officer can search me, my locker and my back pack and I'm not gonna have his wallet.

What more can they do for him then?

I doubt they'll be locking down the entire school and searching every nook, cranny and person just for some students uncle's wallet that might not even be there.

And my parents never punished me for anything unless they had proof that I did it, they've always been fair that way 

Reasonable explanation is my uncle lost it 

Consequence free prank? 

NO ONE will accept your claim it was a prank. This question will convict you.

• Gloria

This is why I never trust anyone from a red state. 

Source(s): Lib Dem in blue state

You should be arrested, beaten, and Tasered just for asking this question.

How nice of you to admit what you're planning to do on the internet.   You make it easy for the police to find out who took your uncle's wallet once he reports it stolen.