My furbaby was stolen right out of my arms by the police department. Given to the humane society and then adopted out. How do I find her? ?

I was arrested along with two other people. Because there were drugs in a vehicle I was riding in. I had no knowledge of the drugs being in the vehicle. When we got arrested the police took my furbaby, my best friend, my whole world right out of my arms. They put her in the humane societys lockup. Shed been with me every day and night since she was born. So she must have been terrified. They had my information and her name. They knew where i was because they put me there (jail) Yet they called one of the men that was in the vehicle and not me with updates about her. Then they adopted her out. I got out of jail and first thing tried to get her from that place. But was told they adopted her out. Then refused to tell me to who. How can they do that when they knew she was all I had in this world? They knew I would come for her as soon as I could get out. And i did! 

You can STOP LYING.

1. If you were arrested, placing your dog in a shelter WAS NOT stealing it.

2. The dog would be held AT LEAST a month just to clear the paperwork to even THINK about allowing it to be adopted. There are medical checks involved that take longer than you would have been in jail.

You claim she was STOLEN but expect Animal Control to cooperate with you?  Ridiculous choice of words on your part.  If you had no record, why were you held for more than overnight until you could bond/bail/own recognizance out of jail?  That's about you.

Concerning the dog - this happened in January 2019 OR the dog (that is with you 24/7) got lost in 2017.

Posting this on this forum is beyond foolish.  I located your arrest in minutes - how foolish you are!

Retain legal counsel.  I doubt an attorney can help you, but you never know.

Go to the Animal Shelter with evidence your "furbaby" is actually your pet.  Does your pet have a microchip?  Did you buy the dog and have the receipt?

I am so sorry she looks like my 2 girl chihuahuas (Laci and Maci) !!!!! I would contact an attorney ASAP!!!!! Best of luck!

• Murzy

Was she chipped? You probably never get her back but a lawyer can punish the PD.

Start documenting everything. If you find your pet not OK in the next week or two. Sue them