Should I become a video editor?

I've been trying to become a video editor professionally. I've been taking classes for it at my local community college and I'm really enjoying it so far. But I'm worried that I won't be able to handle to crunch of working long hours and taking criticism. But on the other hand, I don't know what else to do. Before Covid I worked as a cook in a restaurant and I don't want to do that for the rest of my life because of the manual labor involved (being on your feet rushing around all day), I'm terribly anxious so I don't like working with customers, and any other creative job I feel like would have the same problems that I mentioned above. Plus, I put a lot of time into taking these classes so I feel like all that effort would just be wasted. Plus I would have to listen to my parents gloating that they were right. (They're against me becoming a video editor because they feel like there's no jobs in it.) So I really don't know what to do here. It feels like I won't be happy in any job. Am I overthinking this? Should I keep going for it? Should I stop? And if I do, what should I do instead? (And yes, I already tried web design. I can't understand all those codes. So that's out.)

You say you enjoy it. Are you good at it? Don't count on "jobs" for video editors - most work freelance. And the ones I know are very good, very much in demand, and earn good money. They have years of experience, excellent references & recommendations, and the work now comes to them although initially they had to market themselves intensively. Yes, most projects have tight deadlines, short turnaround times. But once you are established, you get to pick & choose which assignments you accept & determine your availability.

• John

I recommend you read your message carefully.  You need to get real about working for a living, and face some realities of adult life.  

You say you don't want to work long hours, take criticism, do manual work, deal with customers, spend time in classes, listen to your parents, and on and on.    It seems you have thought a good deal about why you shouldn't pursue Career X, Y, or Z, and why you wouldn't want Job A, B, or C.  Your reasons are so basic to the work world, however that almost no career path or job would be right for you.    

If I were you I would keep a back up job while following your passion to become a video editor. It sounds like it could be your passion/calling if you believe in such a thing.