?
? asked in Social ScienceDream Interpretation · 2 months ago

Do you believe in spirits?

For example, if you often dream about your uncle, does that mean he is trying to talk to you or are they just dreams?

Yes, I believe in spirits. or souls who have passed through death and into Life eternal, some to bliss and joy, and some to loss and sorrow. But I don't believe those people who have died come back and enter our dreams to tell us something.  When we dream of those who have passed on from this Life it seems very real but those emotions come from our own subconscious mind.  We incorporate what we feel about them into our dreams.  Any unfinished business is sure to pop up in dreamland as we try to cope with their deaths, in our lives. 

Dreams can mean a lot of things, and rarely are they ever "just dreams"

Maybe it is just because you are missing him in your life.  It could be that he wants you to know he is with you especially if you are going through a rough time in your life.  

i think theres a difference between spirits and someone (dead or alive) trying to reach you thru your dreams. that being said i dont think ive ever encountered a spirit. i kinda wish i never do because itll freak me tf out. if anyone needs to contact me they can do it thru my dreams

• ?

Sometimes but not that type.

• ?

No I don't believe in spirits PH. I do believe that there are an awful lot of folks out there that want us to believe in them.

• Kate

Personally I do yes. I believe that certain dreams are a gateway into the spiritual realm. I believe this because a few years back I had a good friend of mine pass away. She was pregnant at the time of death and only 24. She always wore a lot of makeup and looked really good in person. I remember a few nights after her death I saw her in my dream. This dream was insanely vivid, to the point I can recall every detail. Me and here were together in an all white room. I was sitting across from her and she had makeup that appeared to be running down her face like she was crying. She also appeared insanely pale in this dream. {she was always very tan in life & it’s weird because in this dream although I could tell she had been crying she didn’t have much makeup on which I had never seen her like that before in real life}. I remember in the dream trying to talk to her, I was saying her name over and over again and she just sat there staring at me with tearful eyes. She didn’t say a word and I remember getting frustrated, I then got up to hug her and I swear to god she turned into a full out demon. I woke up right after that. Haha gives me chills even thinking about that dream and I always wonder.. what it could’ve meant. 

• Dr. D

For the most part dreams are just dreams. However, in very rare occurrences dreams may mean something more. They must be tested and all possibilities examined.

What people claim as "spirits" must be one of three things: (1) things that are natural such as dreams, hallucinations, sleep paralysis, and optical illusions, that may be misinterpreted. 

(2) psycho-kinetic energy: A poltergeists may be a manifestation of energy coming from a person which moves objects. The appearance of dis-embodied spirit may be residual psycho-kinetic energy locked in time.

(3) If it has no natural explanation, and is not associated with an individual, who may the energy source, then you may entertain the notion that it is a spirit. 

If your Uncle died comparatively recently, then I think it is you trying to come to terms with their death.  I had vivid dreams about my partner after he died, and found them comforting.  Over time, they faded.  It was just me trying to process that he was no longer here.