Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Deborah asked in TravelIndiaOther - India · 2 months ago

Do people pee in the "shower" in India?

I recently learned that many Indian bathrooms don't have a separate bathtub or shower, rather there is just a drain in the middle of the washroom floor. So, do people there pee in the "shower" (basically the floor) like many Americans do in their shower?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

They urinate and they poop in the hole in the middle of the floor. And then they wash it down with the hose that's standing on the wall and they rinse their butt off with the hose and the water drains down into the floor.

• 2 months ago

I think you have misunderstood the information. While there are many poor people in India who live in shacks and bathe in the river- who don't have a bathroom at all- the type of bathroom you're describing usually has a toilet. It just doesn't have a tub or shower surround. I have been in hotel rooms like that in China. The shower sprinkler is in the middle of the ceiling, and there's a drain in the floor. But there's also a toilet and a sink. Just because you're disgusting and pee in your shower, don't assume other people do. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.