Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Do you have Tinnitus?

What do you do for relief of it?

I feel like the noise of a fan helps a lot. Really any white noise like a fan or humidifier :)

• Lili

Yes, and my husband has it, too.

We've both become so habituated to it that we don't notice it much.  It ramps up in certain weather conditions, but again, we're just used to it.  A white noise machine helps us sleep at night.

• Shark

yes 20 years - get used to it - it doesn't bother me anymore. Or leave tv on on very low

Primal scream therapy every night.  It drowns out the ringing in my ears.

• jijawm

Yes, but thank God not as bad as William Shatner. I'd suggest asking him, but it could trigger an episode. I forgot I had it, and your question brought it starkly to my attention. 

Nothing ever bothers me unless I think about it. 

(Or ignore it.)

Now as I writ this I hear the tone of my tinnitus.

Meditation, focus, refocus attention. 

i dont know what you define tinnitus

• Mog

Yes. There is nothing I can do to relieve it. I just try to ignore it.