Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

i forgot my password but yahoo don't allow me to reset it. it say Uh-oh We can’t sign you in at the moment. try again in a while.?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

How old is your account? If you are trying to sign into an old account that you haven't been active on for awhile, it may have been shut down.

• 2 months ago

Make sure you reset while in desktop mode.

• Sharon
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

This is how to recover your account if you have password/sign in problems: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2824.html

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Because you are ALREADY LOGGED IN to your Yahoo email account. You HAVE to signed in to a Yahoo email account and signed up with YA to post a question on YA. You have to log or sign out BEFORE you can reset a password. The spam bot that set up your email account and signed it up with YA is not going to give you the random password it used. All you need to do is spam YA so you get paid by the post. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Make sure you are also signed off on all 'synced' devices, (any other device you have used to sign in and check your mail or use Yahoo services). Use ONLY the link sent to you at your alternative email to 'reset' the password and sign in from there first. 

If you have done that, Yahoo used to only let you try and fail to sign in three times in 24 hours, so if you have exceeded this, you may need to wait until tomorrow if that is still their policy.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.