Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Science & MathematicsChemistry · 2 months ago

What is more dangerous, biohazard or radioactivity?

To human life: 

Biohazards ☣️ 

Radioactive ☢️ 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Clearly infectious (biohazardous) material. You can much more easily spread infectious agents then radioactive material. While exposure to isotopes can make can make you sick either acutely or later in life, depending on exposure, you are not a threat to anyone. Infectious agents multiple inside the human body and can spread to other people (depending on the type of agent involved).Think about the COVID pandemic that is ravaging the world.

Source(s): MD
  • i think hazard in MCF

AND 

how radio Active !!? 

i think radio is starting to Fade out we you are 

good luck ):

• 2 months ago

Which is more dangerous depends entirely on how much of each you're exposed to.

• Jim
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Having witnessed a straight-on radioactive dose, I'd say that's out of this world fantastically horrible. And ingesting it is waaaay crazier.

But a biohazard can be gruesome as well.

I guess I need to say the devil I know, radioactivity.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Joe
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

The rads off enough plutonium can instantly fry you at a distance of one mile.  Toxins might take a few minutes.  Then the maggots get both.  Death by a toxic bio hazard is probably 100,000 times more likely than ever being exposed to plutonium.

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

The most dangerous radioactive thing in the world right now is called the elephant's foot at the Chernobyl reactor

It's so radioactive that exposure to it for five minutes is certain death.   Now as to biohazards. There are plenty of diseases throughout the world that kill people. The rabies virus is probably the worst it's just about 100% fatal if you catch it.

of course there's also Ebola and hemorrhagic fever and black plague you name it there's plenty of biohazards out there.  

• 2 months ago

Hazards come in a range of severity.  The more hazardous one is the one with the most severe effects.  There is no generic relative severity that can be applied.

Like asking which is more dangerous, bacterial pollution or chemical pollution.  Can't be answered without being specific about the nature of the specific contamination, rather than just its general classification. Or which is more dangerous, canines or felines?

• 2 months ago

Biohazards, certainly.

You're much more likely to catch something like covid than get irradiated

• Matt85
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Radioactive I would have thought. I'm no scientist though.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.