Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

CBD Oil should i use it?

Hi All 

About 7 years ago i gave up a 10year Cannabis addiction. The addiction started out as pain relief but im sure you can work out what happened from there. I finally got so messed up on Cannabis i decided to promise God i would quit it for good if he helped me through it. 

Fast forward 7 years and ive never touched it since. I have been on prescribed opioids for my pain since and am now keen to come off them. I am drawn to the whole CBD thing however my promise to God is good and wouldnt want to threaten that. Is CBD completely different!? Would it be ok!? Or would it be going back on my word? 

Thanks for your time 

Lee   

A lot of CBD oil also has THC in it. Which you obviously need to stay the heck away from! You need CBD that's got either no THC, or so extremely little THC that it doesn't do anything, and it's impossible to notice it! That is, if you even risk trying it, at ALL.

I totally get wanting to get off opiates. Those can be extremely addictive, and harmful, in their own right! However, speaking as someone who knows an extreme THC addict, and also knows other people that are struggling with more minor levels of THC addiction..? (A lot of them are in denial. It is often like that, I find.) I know in cases of extreme THC addiction, just having something that's from the same plant COULD be triggering! Perhaps not for everyone. But I know of rehabs where CBD is not allowed, 100% for that reason! And my extremely THC addicted friend..? Was going to try CBD oil for their anxiety, after having been off THC for a few months. Then heavily relapsed, because when they went out to buy CBD..? They decided: "oh, I'll just get one that has some amount of THC in it! No harm in that, right?" (100% the addict part of their brain, making up excuses.) Then did that, and got SUPER triggered, and went off and bought lots of super strong cannabis oil! And chugged a whole month's supply, in one sitting! Then got sent off to detox, and has been struggling WAY more to stay sober, ever since. So.. sh*t could be triggering for some people, even if it doesn't have THC! And if it does have THC, in addition to the CBD..? Holy crap, do not touch it, or you are asking for trouble! I rest my case.

I'm not an addict, myself. Never have been. But let's just say, after getting to know certain people, and certain stories..? I have realized, it is indeed HECKA freaking possible to be EXTREMELY addicted to weed! And what more? I think due to cannabis culture being the way it is, and making up excuses for why it is okay to smoke all day, every day, 24/7? Most weed addicts are in some SERIOUS f*cking denial about their addiction! And it's f*cking ridiculous! At least with alcoholism, people tend to be more honest about it! No one is saying: "oh, you can just drink all day, and you're still not at ALL an addict, no!" I rest my case. F*ck cannabis culture, for being so extremely reckless and in denial about this sh*t! And yes... I would be very, VERY careful, if I were you! Preferably discuss it with your doctor first. Although like I said, I totally get wanting to come off opiates! You should discuss that, too. And what your options are.

• ?

Opioids are really hard to get off of. You need to talk to your doctor about how to do it safely. I've seen sites online that show how much THC is in different brands of CBD. Most have little to none, so would not be a problem. 

CBD oil is from the hemp plant, not the marijuana plant. There is no THC in it to provide the high. It is a natural pain reliever, and is non-addictive. I think you're good. 

CBD does not contain THC.

Well, one thing you don't have to worry about:  there is no god.