Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Coworker made a comment about my skin? ?

I work at a bank and I’m 33, this woman who is probably in her early 50s has made a comment 3 times about my skin. The first time that it looked “clearer.” The second time that it looked “red” and then yesterday she asked if I was breaking out from wearing a mask. I have had an extremely stressful year due to a health issue and my skin completely freaked out. I always had clear skin but the stress of dealing with this health issue has taken a toll on me. I found it so rude, she also made a comment about my hair once, that it looked like it needed to be cut. Do you find this rude? She’s always been the office gossip so I don’t know why I’m surprised... 

Update:

She made ANOTHER comment about my skin yesterday! She is so pleasant! 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Probably just a busy body that likes to comment on other people. The work places are full of them. Don't let it bother you but don't be rude to her about it either because she may be one of those who takes being snubbed seriously and taunts you to get back at you. People can become very complicated and it takes a little psychiatry on your part to sort them out and classify them in order to know how to deal with each one individually in order to make any work place pleasant to work in. Good luck.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, don't try to snub this one. Depending on how long y'all worked together may make it feel like family. Sometimes family members can be annoying, but you put up with them until a better family comes along.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes it's extremely rude.

• 2 months ago

Yes its rude. She knows what shes doing and whats shes saying, shes an adult.

I would suggest next time saying "I would appreciate if you would keep comments about my body to yourself."

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Let it in one ear and out the other. Iv had skin problems.  It cam be so annoying 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, it's rude, but she may not mean it that way. Some people have these peculiarities, but they might be good people otherwise. You have to decide whether there's enough benefit from being friendly with her to outweigh these minor things. It's ALWAYS best to be on cordial terms with those you work with. This is not high school where you snub people you don't like. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

she has a girl crush on you . 

• Sparky
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Some people only feel better about themselves when they are bringing other people down.  Just agree with her and hope she starts keeping her comments to herself when she sees that it no longer bothers you.

• 2 months ago

yes its intrusive, now what? You need to figure out how you need to respond, but you also need to let it go and not let it cause you more stress and anxiety.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes, she sounds rude. If it's comments only, those don't require a response and can be ignored. Questions can be answered with short answers, or even, "Why do you ask?".

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.