Removing grass carpet in the garden? ?

Hello everyone, we moved in this flat a year ago and it has a 35 square meters garden. It has a grass carpet on it and I want to remove it and sow real grass in this spring. However I have some concerns about it, if there is too much mud, if the grass i sown doesn't grow properly etc. What do you think? Would you do that, or not? 

• drip
    1 week ago

We have out grass down in a small area. We covered it with hay. Keep the birds from acting it and from the seed washing away.

We tended the dirt first and used the best seed we could get. It is a process and you may need to add more seed and hay as some areas don’t take, you got to stay off the new grass until it has taken control. 

It will be a lot of work this year, but next year and the years after you will have a nice yard

• 1 week ago

If, and a big IF, the carpet was properly installed,  there will be 4" of hard core underneath it. Not at all suitable for growing anything. 

I'd probably lay decking tiles, and forget about growing a lawn.

• Rita
    1 week ago

But it's very hard compacted soil it doesn't work so good this is basically a sod cutter. You just

• Barry
    1 week ago

Yep. Google it. There will be many tutorials n the subject.

• Dixon
    1 week ago

You have the whole internet to search for information on sowing a new lawn and you chose to ask YA instead. I would say stick with the carpet until you get your act together.

• 1 week ago

I would, since I hate artificial turf. I'd do some research if I were you on how to sow grass, you'll find out what is best.