I have a mouse in my room, how do I get rid of it?

I’m terrified of falling asleep and want to get rid of the rodent asap. My room is clean and all the food I have is in my mini-fridge. I normally keep my door closed at night but ever since I heard the annoying squeak of the mouse i’ve started letting my cat roam around my room. I don’t understand why the mouse wants to be in here, not only do I have a cat but a snake that’s terrarium is in my room, isn’t that enough to scare it off? 

This is my mouse story:

For years I would occasionally, maybe twice a year, see a mouse upstairs in the first floor of mouse house.  When surprised they would always dash towards the area near the door that leads to the basement.   I figured they were coming from the basement.  I immediately would put a mouse trap at the foot of the stairs in the basement, figuring, that the mouse knew how to come upstairs and would come back again.  Sure enough usually if I would put that trap down at night, by the next morning, I usually would catch the mouse.  This worked like a charm for a long time. and I would not see mouse upstairs for a long time.

This past year, in the early winter, I noticed a mouse, put the trap caught it, but a few days after that I saw another one and caught that.  So I kind of got worried and was very concerned about a major outbreak as I now was starting to occasionally see them in my garage around the garbage can.  So, I made a decision to to eliminate them entirely.  I knew there was a little hole in a corner of my garage that they seemed to use to likely access my basement.  So I decided to always have a couple traps right 3 feet away from the hole, with peanut butter as the bait.   I also put a couple of traps at the foot of the basement, and one more trap upstairs at the top of the stairs in case they made it up.

Everyday I was catching mice, sometimes both traps would be triggered, in the basement and also in the garage.  This went on for about a couple of weeks. Then it slowed down, and it started being like maybe I would catch one mouse a day, then maybe a mouse every couple days.  Then I noticed something.  I catching very small mice, babies. I figured they were coming out now  looking for their missing parents, etc... Sometimes, intermixed I match then catch an adult.  This made me feel like I was on my way to getting rid of the mice for good.  Eventually after about a month, it stopped. No more mice.  My traps are still set to this day. But I am catching no more mice in them in the basement, nor in the garage, and have seen no mouse activity for months.

I have concluded that I have eradicated the entire colony that was probably living in parts of my basement or crawl space.

If I were you, I would set traps for the mouse in the area that you feel he comes from or where it likes to be.  Also, something is attracting the mouse, and its likely food that it smells. 

Make sure your house is clean. 

Take bins out at night. 

• L

Get rid of the mini fridge...................mice can smell food in it.

• ?

I agree, set some traps with a small piece of swiss cheese and a dab of peanut butter. Mouse urine really stinks and is hard to get rid of not to mention the mouse droppings everywhere. Keep all food away, in containers, no crumbs, real clean.

kot

kovjrovjroj

• zipper

Mouse trape, pet snake, cat, or make a pet out of it. At lease some one wants to be with you, even if it squicks!

keep your cat in your room with the door CLOSED.

The cat will scare it off or kill it if it does not escape.

Don't worry, the mouse has a hinged rib cage which allows the mouse to squeeze itself under your doorto escape the cat.  Really!

• garry

mousetrap next to the wall with peanut butter , mice love peanut butter . just load the trap with peanut and check the trap the next day , mice like it  quiet .

Rent a cat for cupla weeks.

Some cats are good mousers and others are not interested.  It helps if they are somewhat hungry and have had models to learn from.  Snake in a terrarium is unlikely to scare off the mouse because the mouse likely knows it is already safe.  Your choices are basically traps, glueboards, or poison bait.    See links below for first two.