Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 2 months ago

What washer setting will remove hair from clothes?

If I knew, I wouldn’t have hair all over EVERYTHING. My clothes, sheets, blankets, and everything else are always covered in both my hair and cat hair. It never seems to come off. Lint brushes are too much hassle, and don’t get all the hair off. The washing machine really isn’t designed to get hair off clothes. It depends what the fabric is. Clingy fabrics like fleece and microfiber are the worst. I think the only thing that might help is dryer sheets, and that BARELY helps. If anyone has a suggestion that actually works, I’d love to hear it. 

• Deane

You might want to try Bounce dryer sheets for Pet hair and lint guard. I switched over to this wonderful dryer sheets since I own a Ragdoll cat and he loves to shed. You should also get a Lily brush. This is a wonderful brush that picks up all the hair and lint. Watch the review on youtube on floppycats Lily brush..

• ?

There is no setting, you need to use a brush

Probably the longer the cycle, the more hair will come off. Other than that, no setting does any better than any other.

there is no guarantee that any setting will do that.  results vary depending on the material the clothes are made from, the type of hair, and your detergent.

A normal agitation might be enough, but sometimes high agitation is required.  The main problem tends to be pilling, forming hairballs that stick to the fabric (kind of knot themselves into the fabric even) no matter what you do.  The type of fabric matters a lot as well (blankets are terrible hair capture devices). Brushing might be required.

I have cats and cat hair problems fairly routinely and what I said reflects my experience.