Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 2 months ago

My Pillow guy...Mike Lindell is being sued for 1.3 billion dollars by dominion for his recent documentary...does he have that much money?

i guess him and sidney and rudy are going to have to form a team and come up with all the evidence before their trial? will the evidence indeed by seen and heard finally?

• Tmess2

In any civil case, other than the need to allege damages large enough to get out of small claims, the actual ask amount is mostly PR.  Dominion has decided that, in all of their cases, they are going to allege $1.3 billion in damages.  

Assuming that $1.3 billion represents something like the total potential damage (i.e. an estimate of how much business Dominion normally does that could be lost over the next several cycles), it will still be necessary to prove to a jury how much there business actually declines and how much is attributable to each of the defendants.  So while Dominion may be asking for $1.3 billion from Mike Lindell, it is likely that the actual judgement will be much lower -- probably in the $10-$20 million range (which would still be one of the largest judgments in the country in any given year).  

My understanding is that the personal worth of Lindell is something around $300 million.  But net worth is different than cash.  And if Dominion forces Lindell to sell his home and stock, they might get less than the full value.  But, my hunch is that the actual amount awarded is not the purpose of these filings.  The purpose is to have juries repeatedly find that there is nothing wrong with the voting machines and that the claim that Dominion is part of an election fraud scheme is false.  That way, Dominion's business will recover.  And if Fox News, OAN, and Newsmax have to declare bankruptcy along the way, too bad.

• RICK

There is no evidence

He's got enough money to flood my TV w/ the most oversold product in history. I change the channel when he tries to annoy me again. I hope he gets what he deserves. In the meantime, I minimize the pest.

No, but Dominion must keep the integrity of its reputation if it is to continue to thrive.  This is mostly to make Mike Lindell prove what he has accused them of or shut up. 

latest figures available put him in the $300 Million range and some change. 

His company may be worth more if he sold every thing off. 

needless to say,  if Dominion wins the lawsuit.......he's ruined. 

• Dora

I think someone should sure Dominion.. they are not too  honest!

Does it matter?

People could be sent to jail for 25 years firm, and die within 5 years. Does it matter that they did not have at least 25 years left to live?

• David

He doesn’t have that much cash. But his assets—the factory, equipment, and brand value—could equal more than $1.3 billion. But in the end it doesn’t matter because the claim was established in accordance with alleged damage to Dominion, not Lindell’s wealth. 

The dude is mentally unstable, he literally publicly dared them to do it...

That's his problem, not mine.