Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

What is going on with my cat?

She is bouncing against the walls and running up and down the stairs. We have had her for 8 and a half months now and she is never like this. 

I had a shelter cat who developed symptoms soon after I adopted her. She rapidly recovered from the upper respiratory symptoms, but one of her eyes remained leaky for the rest of her life. She was otherwise in good health, and the veterinarian never expressed any concern about her eye (and told me not to worry about it).

I think all cats do that from time to time. My last two did that when they reached a certain age.

You sit her down & say, "Allie, dear, what are you thinking?"

Did you change her diet? At her age, she's full of energy & is probably bored. Get a lazer pen & play with her. Get a shoe string & wiggle it. She needs to play.

• ?

is she an indoor cat? does she have big burst of energy

Sounds like what we call "a silly 5 minutes", others call it the "zoomies". Cats, especially younger ones, do this when they have an excess of energy to burn, it's quite normal.

There is a hallway in my house with a bedroom at each end. With both doors open that's a straight run of just over 70 feet.

That's my cat's runway. And she can run it in less than 3 seconds when she goes on her daily or nightly "RIP". And even though it's a solid pine floor you can hear her do it. I call it her thunder run.

That is a cat with energy to burn who is in the midst of what I call "Crazy Time".  Cats spend alot of the day sleeping, and save up their energy to burn in bursts of chaos and activity.  

Try playing with her more to burn off some energy.

• ?

Could be constipated. 

Mine used to do that when he was backed up.

I believe the technical term for that is the “zoomies.”  Cats are weird.  Just enjoy the show.

Dormancy is an indication of an issue, regardless of whether it's unpretentious. 3 Contact your vet if your feline is by all accounts lying around a ton, resting more than expected, or just by and large has a low energy level. There is likely something going on with your feline's wellbeing. Expanded thirst can mean numerous things in felines.