Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

How to get my parents to believe I didn’t ditch school today even though the school’s automated system said I did?

I’m 14 and in high school. I was at school all day. I have teachers that will vouch for me. I turned in assignments and even did a presentation. The problem is that when I got home my parents had got a call from my school’s automated system saying by that I had a documented absence for the day. I’m sure it just has to be a computer glitch or something because I was at school all day and not late to any classes or anything. I told my parents I was at school, but they think I’m lying. They said I’m grounded. I told them to just call the school tomorrow and clarify things but they aren’t going to do that. What can I do to prove I was in school? 

Update:

All is good now. Thanks everyone. My guidance counselor verified that I was there the other day and then called my parents and cleared things up. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Get a good night's sleep and collect evidence tomorrow.

• 2 months ago

Just have one of your teachers that you were with contact your parents. Job done.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

"I have teachers that will vouch for me."

Ok....then get them to vouch.    Email your teacher(s) asking for them to confirm you were in attendance on that day and cc your parents.

• edward
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I was in grade 11 when my school started to do that.  It glitched out all the time.  Saying i cut pre-cal when i was there, missing chemistry class, ect.  My parents though never punished me for skipping class.  They knew i was president of the student council, i have other responsibilities to take care of.  When i missed class they just assumed i was busy elsewhere.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Email your teachers so they can check their absence log and fix it. Explain the situation to them and ask they speak with your parents and administrator. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If you really were in classes then your teachers would have the attendance records to prove that.  This should be cleared up immediately because you don't want this incorrect information to reflect on you in any way.  It goes down on your permanent record if you do not correct this.  Your parents do not have to do anything you can go see your school counselor, grade advisor or even visit the main office to get corrections made.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.