Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

why does nobody seem to care about the latest NASA rover landing on Mars? it is like the news, media is barely covering it , why?

i saw on youtube today the live images from mars and it looked like a video game...why? and everyone on the chat was asking "is this real?" "is this in Arizona?" etc...how possible? why?

30 Answers

Relevance
  • Boomer
    Lv 5
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Because people know there is nothing on Mars and don't want to keep hearing about their lies. NASA will say or do anything to retain funding. Hate to tell ya, no spacecraft was sent to Mars and they certainly didn't send a jeep to the moon. Propulsion is not possible in the vacuum of space and because of that, you can't slow down or stop either.

• 1 month ago

Nothing interesting - all about rocks and extreme weather. The result will be much interesting e.g. the technology for living in extreme climate.

• W
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I think it's great. What a triumph for technology and engineering. However, I am disappointed that I can't find a 'Bernie Sanders with mittens on the Mars surface' anywhere. 

• 1 month ago

NASA is a self publicity machine and maybe the question should be 'did this need to be done again?'

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

There was a time when Democrats sent men to the Moon.  These days they send men to the women's restroom.

• 2 months ago

From a news media point of view, it's a story that is not much of an ongoing type.

Yes, the video from the landing was awesome. But, it's not sending such video home on a daily basis.

The landing was a one time event.

• ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Ah, it was EVERYWHERE I was looking. I suppose if you aren’t paying attention then it might not get your attention. I don’t know if Fox News and the like reported on it, you know, since it’s about science. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Because it's just a lander, not a manned mission, and has been done before.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Lots of people are interested and it is genuine. Not like you claim to be the Arizona desert. So grown up and stop being a troll child. 

• 2 months ago

Maybe folk think that $2.5billion for a set of photos is a waste, when there are 195,000 people living on the streets.

• 2 months ago

NASA is just blowing his actives, there is nothing on mar, LISTEN ME VERY CAREFULLY that it seem that you could be some kind of retarder, THERE IS NOTHING ON MARS, NOTHING WITH A BIG N OF NADA. Here back in Home with got everything, Mars just expending money instead to fix our planet, Mars is just for millionaire goes there and a vacancy, our planet is beautiful and full of life, Mars is death that it seem you can not Comprehend, Comprende!!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.