I need to get a salvaged title for my car .Can you help me ? ?

So I got a hit and ran . Which means somebody hit me in Ohio and ran . I'm from Florida and my car is titled in Florida also so is my insurance. The  insurance company took my car in Ohio .. Ohio wants a salvaged title . But Florida's laws are different . I'm kind a confused as to what to do next . 

My car is paid for . So I don't owe any money on it . I am having the title sent to Ohio so I can get the car in my name . Plz Help !

You have a strange story.

It seems you don't understand your rights.

Did the insurance company pay you for the loss of the car?

If yes, they generally take the car.

So why do you still have it?

Most people don't carry their title with them.

So where is your title? 

Are you one of those people who move to a different state, then fail to change your driver's license and car registration to the new state?

If the insurance company took the salvage (the smoking ruin that used to be your car), you signed the title over to them.  It's their job to have the vehicle branded as salvage, not yours.  There is no 'salvage title' for a vehicle, it's a status branding.  

• ?

You have my help...............

You don't need a salvage title.  If your vehicle is totaled and if you have collision insurance, settle with your company and let them handle the salvage.

Your insurance company should handle everything. That is why you pay for it. I had someone hit my rear bumper on my 2004 car. The repairs would cost more than the value of the car. The other person's insurance company took care of everything. I filled out the salvage forms for them online and they paid the value of the car which was more then I could sell it for.