Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can I drive my husband's car  As I dnt need car regularly ?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • car253
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If your husband says it is ok you can drive his car if you have a driver's license and your auto insurance company covers you when you drive.  Better call your insurance agent and ask them.   Laws and rules vary by state and by insurance company.

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Yes, you can. I don't know what or why his insurance carrier would think, but you have my permission.

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Ask your husband, not random Yahoo users...

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

as long as you have a car license and nominated as an extra driver with insurance then you can .

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • zipper
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A you need his permission and the insurance needs to have you as the second driver or your not insured! If these two items are ment and you have a driver license YES YOU CAN!

• May
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

You "can" if you are able, you "may" if the law allows it.

Jeez, he says shaking his head

• 2 months ago

Yes, but first you need to get a license and get added to his insurance.

• 2 months ago

Not when he needs it!

If you are a licensed driver and live in the same household the present policy (in the USA) covers you as a driver also (unless specifically listed as excluding you).

But if you are not familiar with its operation, then I suggest you don't.

Because of the nature of the relationship between a person and their car, I would suggest doing so with out his permission might have negative consequences.  Being able too does not mean it is expedient to.

• 2 months ago

Yes, if he lets you, if you have a driver's license, if you know how to drive, if you live with him, if you are listed on the insurance policy.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Ask your husband.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.