Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

Can a PVC repair coupling leak as a result of it being too tight, when all I did was tighten it by hand?

Are PVC repair couplings only suppose to be used on PVC pipe? I've used them in the past on galvanized steel and they worked ok. I only used steel couplings on galvanized pipe when the stores are sold out of the PVC couplings. PVC is cheaper and lighter weight. I noticed that there are rubber grommets(?) like wide washers, that presumably tighten down when the two barbell ends are tightened, but I'm wondering if it's possible to tighten them too much, even by hand. I noticed that the rubber grommet has a beveled edge and matches the beveled angle of the inside of the main body of the coupling. If leaking, does that mean it's tightened too tight, and squeezing the rubber grommet too much to where it bends beyond the area inside the coupling where it's suppose to seat? Or is it more likely that it's leaking cause it needs to be tightened stronger using a pipe wrench?

basically, jews,buddhists,muslims pray head down to satan. during the night christian earthlybowdowns count 40 times more than daily earthlybowdowns. since, most of the time witches pray during the night against christians, it's best to pray at night ...maybe you could do 2000 christian earthlybowdowns.. notice that muslims-jews-buddhists stay head down which shows that they worship satan; christians have to get up super fast showing allegiance to Christ and not the devil. so, christian earthlybowdowns: u face east, legs together (so that demon don't run underneath ur legs); u look at the eyes of icon (energy goes ur way according to saint Pelageya of Ryazan); u make proper Orthodox sign of the cross (first three fingers together as if u had a pinch of salt in them; thumb always straight; ring and pinky to palm; firmly touch forehead: "in the name of the Father"; firmly touch 1cm above belly button: "and of the Son", raise hand to chest level and now move to right shoulder where three bones meet: "and of the Holy"; move to left shoulder: "Spirit. Amen"; release the fingers; hand down by ur side); u bow down on ur knees (knees together), then put hands on the floor just touching each other, then forehead on top of backofhands; as soon as ur forehead touches the back of hands, get up super fast showing allegiance to Christ (and not the devil). do 2000 times during the night against witches. 'cuz witches work hard for satan (by praying like three hours); you have to show them respect by outworking them; u feel me? but of course when u tired u could pray the Jesus prayer at least three times every hour (don't sleep 4 more than 1 hour; wake up and pray the Jesus prayer three times; then u can rest a little bit; in case witches pray real hard to satan, then u have to pray to Jesus as many times as possible); thank u; forgive me rudeness.

Source(s): how will the gov't try to keep population constant? by changing dna from two strands to three strands using the infamous unforgivable mark of the beast; better hide, homie. hide ur kids, hide ur wife, antichrist is flyin' thru town. take ur glocks out and shoot that son of a bytch down. he's an s-o-b 'cuz his mother is a 12th generation prostitute to jews and hindus. funny thing is that she pretends to be a virgin; forgive me.

if only tightened by hand THEN IT WILL LEAK 

• T C

When using the PVC compression repair coupling, I have always tightened them with an adjustable wrench…..If you have only tightened by hand ….my bet would be that it needs to be tightened more…

If you are using a pipe wrench be careful …it is easier to put too much torque with the pipe wrench.