Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 2 months ago

Why are the smartest people in the world always 2 steps ahead of everyone else?

It always seems like the smartest richest people in the world are playing chess while everyone else is still learning how to play checkers.

Update:

For example, in the early 2000's people were still learning how to use the internet, and Amazon was already building cloud solutions and Apple was already making the iPhone

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 days ago

Because they always ask old people what to do before they do it.  They know that old people have made every mistake possible in their lives.  The old ones will always tell you what they wish they WOULD HAVE DONE.  And that is the great secret to being happy and rich.

• 1 month ago

Because the rest of you idiots are distracted by the TV and BOOBS...not necessarily in that order.

• 1 month ago

Back in the BEFORE TIME I purchased a Commodore 64 computer and started teaching myself basic and other things.

People called me a stupid idiot nerd back then.

Thank you for now considering me one of the smartest people in the world.

Yet, although I can smash you at chess, I have  not the slightest idea of how to 'play checkers'.

Your  logic is good, yet still flawed.

TTFN.

• 2 months ago

You answered your own question. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

What ru talking about I'm 13 I have an iq of 121 and i know how to play chess i did like last week

• fcas80
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That's why they are so smart.

When Bill Gates talks about the greatest problem the world faces right now, we ought to listen to him.  (Climate change)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.