Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 2 months ago

Windows 10 laptop will only boot from usb?

I have zorin and ubuntu installed on this laptop. When I turn it on it tells me "Critical error message" No bootable devices found. If I insert a usb it loads it but I can't get it to load the drives with zorin and ubuntu. 

Update:

Anonymous, I don't know how to do any of those things.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

 It could have something to do with your bios and how you installed Windows 10. If you used an automatic method involving a USB drive, that could be the source of the problem. ... Just an update to this, It was a BIOS issue with this laptop and the BIOS needed updating

• 2 months ago

check the BIOS/UEFI ... maybe the hdd/ssd is turned off for booting

• Lv 7
    2 months ago

the drives are dead, or the connection on the motherboard is.

take out the drives and try them in a desktop as secondary drives to see if they show up. if not, bad drives. if so, bad board.

• David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Either the internal drive is dead/corrupted or the MBR or GRUB is damaged or the BIOS Incorrectly configured. Try resetting the BIOS to defaults and/or reinstalling Zorin/Ubuntu or running a boot repair.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.