Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 2 months ago

Windows 10 laptop will only boot from usb?

I have zorin and ubuntu installed on this laptop. When I turn it on it tells me "Critical error message" No bootable devices found. If I insert a usb it loads it but I can't get it to load the drives with zorin and ubuntu. 

Anonymous, I don't know how to do any of those things.

 It could have something to do with your bios and how you installed Windows 10. If you used an automatic method involving a USB drive, that could be the source of the problem. ... Just an update to this, It was a BIOS issue with this laptop and the BIOS needed updating

check the BIOS/UEFI ... maybe the hdd/ssd is turned off for booting

• Lv 7

the drives are dead, or the connection on the motherboard is.

take out the drives and try them in a desktop as secondary drives to see if they show up. if not, bad drives. if so, bad board.

• David

Either the internal drive is dead/corrupted or the MBR or GRUB is damaged or the BIOS Incorrectly configured. Try resetting the BIOS to defaults and/or reinstalling Zorin/Ubuntu or running a boot repair.