Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Which sentence is correct? Justify?

People who reverse the letters of words when trying to read suffer from dyslexia.People who reverse the letters of words if they tried to read suffer from dyslexia.

Thanks.

• Alan

I like "when" better than "if".    "If" implies some of them never even try to read.    

People who reverse the letters of words when trying to read suffer from dyslexia.  

However, I don't think you need to indicate trying to read.   

This is good enough in my opinion.   

People who reverse the letters of words while reading suffer from dyslexia.  

If you want to include "trying" to emphasize that it is hard for them.  It is 

okay. 

• Alvin

I seen the article on one study  which  indicates that dyslexic people 

have trouble understanding speech also, but see nowhere indicating

that because of that  they now  know that they have no problem readings..     https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dyslexia-a-hearing-pr...

neither is correct.  dyslexia is caused by a hearing problem, not by reversing letters.  no one misreads respond as repsond, for example