Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

I don't have/want a smartphone. Does that mean I cannot be traced in this new digital world. How will I be affected by all new developments?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No one can escape from the internet. Tracing can be done on all types of phone, including classic home phones. Since all businesses are somehow connecting to internet, your information is sharing to the world. In the modern technology everyone is "naked".

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't need one either.  If people want to contact me, they know where I work.  I mean the important people.  Otherwise I do not care.

They can't trace me except by street camera's.  If I want to talk to people on the net, I have a VPN browser on my computer.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I too don't have a smartphone. Can't see the point.

A pc or a tablet have the same attributes as a smartphone!

All those adverts or offers you view are as a consequence of them knowing about your activities.

Ever time you're captured on CCTV, public or private you're in the system.

In this age YOU are  raw data to be EXPLOITED

• 1 month ago

You won't be affected by new developments if you havent' got one

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The fact that you're on this site using a computer shows you can be traced. Computer or smartphone, they both have IP addresses. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The government still knows everything about you.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I haven't got a Smart phone either, or a Smart TV, or meter as I refuse to have them. They can track me on the computer if they like, but will have a job with the poor connections and cables years old. No cameras in this area either. 

• 1 month ago

There's a smart camera within metres of your home, or in your local store which has already stored your biometric data. Even whilst you've been wearing your mandatory mask...

Big Brother has been watching for quite some time.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If our lives are under full control freak surveillance like the conspiracy people tell us, then you'll still be traced on CCTV and probably watched more often for being odd and not having a smartphone like everyone else. Hiding in plain sight is the only option.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you think you can't be traced you have another think coming 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.