Typically, would an all-boys Catholic school require students to live on campus?

I'm writing a book and researching single-gender schools because one of the characters attended one as a child. He's a very minor character but I still want to make sure I'm being realistic when he talks about his past experience at the school. The book takes place in 2007 if that helps at all.

For those wondering why he needs to be Catholic: This is about a girl in high school who has an overly religious/strict family and she is rebelling against it. I did originally want to make the family Protestants, but their behaviors fit more under Catholic beliefs. 

Not in the US, as the first reply said. My city has multiple all-boy and all-girl Catholic high schools, but none with residential students. They all go home every afternoon.

FWIW, the fancy-pants private schools in the area also don't have students living on campus.

No. Some might but most don't.

• Tina

Er... no. If you know so little about Catholic schools, why not make your minor character a Protestant. Or something.

In the US, no.  It's quite rare for students to live on campus, unless it's college.  I grew up in a city with several Catholic schools, including one down the street.  None had dorms.