What has Barack said regarding the request for Trumps tax returns?

I

I have heard nothing.

• RICK

Why would Obama say anything

The money for Obamas house came from the $100 million advance he got on his book deal.

It was widely reported in the news so I'm sure it was reported to the IRS

TDS on full display.

A corollary question is, exactly how did Obama report the mysterious money that paid for his $17 million house when he left the presidency?  That income is likely taxable and had better be reported. 

He is not the one who requested them.

Nothing. Why would he "say" anything? Obama is a private citizen now, retired from politics and rarely comments publicly.