Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Jamie asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Can anyone identify these berries that decorate this cake?

This picture is from a south korean youtube channel.

I want to decorate like this but can not figure out what these berries are in the picture - does anyone have any idea?

Thanks

Attachment image

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

red currants

they are also dried and can be used somewhat like you would a raisin. (common in Irish soda bread)

Also used to make jelly and liqueur (liqueur de cassis)

• 2 months ago

What they all said. I can't top it, I'm just here for the two points.

• 2 months ago

They appear to be redcurrants. These grow on bushes and are related to blackcurrants and gooseberries, [plant family - Ribes] but have a subtly different flavour from either. They are nice when cooked with apples and/or raspberries, and when so cooked can be used as a pie filling. 

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

From the smaller size and the almost perfect Roundness, they look like red currants. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They are RED CURRANTS

• n2mama
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They look like red currants.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.