Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

can anyone tell what this means, am I just stupid?

yahoo answers is a last resort. I understand this physics unit but the instructions seem unclear to me. ?? in the ??, what is that supposed to even mean? i've never heard an object described as "____ in the ___" in this class and im confused. if anyone knows please just give a quick answer.

1. Define the coordinate system (including time).  For each object specify: 2. The position vector; 3. The velocity vector; 4. The acceleration vector (as a function of position or time).

You are not stupid.  But I’m not so sure about the person who wrote the question.

I would answer as follows:

The object’s initial position and velocity, and the subsequent acceleration are required.  (This information allows the object’s future position and velocity to be calculated.)

1. Increase in the speed

2. Decrease in the speed

3. Change in the direction of motion

4. Simultaneous change in the speed and the direction of motion

(Any of the above corresponds to a velocity change.)

As an additional note, the question has a grammatical error: “objects” should be “object’s”.

Change in the time

Change in the position

Change in the velocity

Change in the acceleration

You could also have CHANGE in the ACCELERATION.

• ?

This what happens when you let people without science degrees teach science.

It won't let me respond directly to the guy who commented the weird paragraph but I'm in high school. not college.

Perhaps it is the answer you want it to be.  You are big enough to decide for yourself and come up with your own answer.  The prof will grade on how good you can do your own work.  Often time in college physics there is the trick test.  2 parts, each 50 points.  Problem 1 is impossible to answer, Problem 2 is easy, but requires the answer from Problem 1.  You will be surprised at the number of students who will only get mad and not answer any.  The few smart kids, produce some garbage answer for 1  and then uses that answer to solve 2 correctly.  He take the partial credit given to him by the professor, then takes the curve to get a good grade.  That may be your situation here.  Instead of freezing up, do something.  Learn how to think and stop being a parrot.  Unfortunately, you are still a bird.

I completely agree with you.  Your teacher, or whoever wrote that question, is a MORON.  Complain to his/her boss.  It's a crock of ___________ !