Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Would I be considered two or more races?

My dad is Mexican-American (meaning he is of Mexican descent but was born and raised here in the United States). My mom is Caucasian (she has some French from her mother and German from her father).

So, I would be half and half. Would I be considered two or more races?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Your dad could be Caucasian as well, as being Mexican is about nationality and not race. Even though most Mexicans are of Mestizo origin (Mixed between European and Native American), there's many people of full or predominantly European/Caucasian ancestry in Mexico, as well as African descent. Your dad could be of primarily or predominantly European descent like myself! I personally speaking, choose to self identify as a "White" for my race and "Hispanic" for my ethnicity as that what I closely identify the most due to having mostly Iberian/European ancestry.

So to answer your question, it really depends on what you choose to identify with based on your ancestry and looks! 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you look mixed race, your racial identity is considered two or more races or in

multiracial / biracial category. People can be similar racial mixtures and different

racial identities. You is probably mostly European race and somely Amerindian

race. When racially mixed people have basically racial passing appearances of

either race they are mixed with, they would usually just be considered that race.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Just 2 because French and German are the same. They're both white. Biracial is so common.

• 2 months ago

3 races most likely.  Native + oliveskin + pinkskin.  You are a tri...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You're 1 race. There is only 1 race, the human race.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.