Is this considered child endangerment?

So my wife and I have a 10 month old baby. When we are at work, either her parents or mine will watch him. Once in a blue moon, if I need the help, i will ask my sister who is 20 years old to watch him. The only time ill ever ask my sister to watch him is if i want to go to the gym or run some errands. So I’m gone no longer than 1-2 hours. My sister isnt a parent, but if i write down a list for our baby, she will know exactly what to do. I certainly 100 % trust her. But my wife is the polar opposite, doesn’t trust her at all. Goes berserk if she finds out i was doing errands while my sister watches him. Im always within a 10 minute drive from home in case of an emergency. Keep in mind i would NEVER leave my son at home alone. Nothing has ever happened that causes my wife to not trust her, just the mere fact that she doesn’t have much experience with babies. I know its a silly question, but if my wife genuinely wanted to, could she somehow get me in trouble for child endangerment considering my sister’s experience with babies?

• L

Since she is doing NOTHING wrong and the baby is NOT being hurt.............there is NO Child Endangerment at all.

You are the father what you think is right is fair for the child. He will grow thinking of you as a man to look up to and his mom not so much for being a poor example to follow if she continues her selfishness. She is only looking to control things for and only herself. That is the situation you can decide you're own plan of action.

No it's not endangering a child to leave him or her with a competent, mentally stable adult who has not committed any felonies, has no police record, isn't on drugs or alcohol and has access to emergency services. Provided your sister has all those qualifications, your wife is just being paranoid and over-protective. Unless she knows something you don't. Or fail to acknowledge. 

No, not really. For instance if the baby was with her frequently (i.e has a history of babysitting to a  reasonable standard), and something happened, it's the responsibility of the caregiver to maintain the welfare of the baby. But, if it can be proven that she is not fit, or something has happened before the baby was in her care, then the finger can be pointed at the parents. It really depends of the circumstances

• GB

How much experience of babies did your wife have when your child was newborn? 

I hate to say this, but your wife is being paranoid, in more ways than one. Just because your sister has limited childcare experience DOESN'T MEAN she's a threat to your son's safety. When my mom was your sister's age, she was already a parent herself... and had been for over a year. Your wife has somehow gotten it into her head that just because your sister's not a mom herself, that somehow means she's incapable of taking care of a baby, which is BS. I'm surprised your sister hasn't stuck up for herself and told your wife to back off and let her alone. It's what your wife needs to hear, you know. And the answer is no, your wife can't get you in trouble, because there's no evidence of neglect or abuse happening in this case. You're not doing anything illegal by leaving your son with a responsible adult while you attend to personal needs for a few hours. Your sister has a phone, and presumably, she knows how to use it. So let her.

Some questions are just too ridiculous to answer.

Has your sister ever given you reason to believe she is incapable of caring for a child? I mean, you and your wife didn't have children until 10 months ago... why are you more capable than your sister? Unless your sister is using drugs while watching your child, being abusive, or neglectful, or is completely incompetent, your wife hasn't got anything to report. 

It is not child endangerment.  That is not your problem.

Your problem is that you and your wife have a serious disagreement about child care.  That could damage your marriage and possibly traumatize your child if you two can't get along.  It's an issue that needs to be resolved.

By that logic any new/first time parents would be in the same position. You appear to have married a moron. Oh dear