Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 2 months ago

What does 'don't mind going anywhere' mean here?

I was arranging a meet up with a friend who contacted me. What does 'don't mind going anywhere' mean here?

The friend originally messaged me saying: 'Hi i'm coming up to [University name] tomorrow so let me know if you want to meet up :)'

I responded: 'Hi [friend's name] - yes, that would be great! Where and when are you free? :) '

They got back saying: 'I'll be there from today until 19th, i'm staying in halls but dont mind going anywhere :)'

tl;dr - What does 'don't mind going anywhere' mean here?

• ?

This is a way of saying s/he is willing to go anywhere you'd like because s/he has no preference.

• L

It means.................he has no problems going anywhere with you.

The friend is happy to go with you wherever you want to go. It also implies that they think you know the city better than they do and so you will know the most interesting places.

I would assume it means "I'm staying in halls but don't HAVE to stay here, I can go anywhere you'd like to go." They are saying that they want to spend time with you and are happy to go anywhere you want to go. 

It means exactly what it says~ they don't mind if you both go somewhere while that person is staying in town.

It means he's willing to go somewhere else with you.

• ?

They don't mind going anywhere