Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 2 months ago

What does 'don't mind going anywhere' mean here?

I was arranging a meet up with a friend who contacted me. What does 'don't mind going anywhere' mean here?

The friend originally messaged me saying: 'Hi i'm coming up to [University name] tomorrow so let me know if you want to meet up :)'

I responded: 'Hi [friend's name] - yes, that would be great! Where and when are you free? :) '

They got back saying: 'I'll be there from today until 19th, i'm staying in halls but dont mind going anywhere :)'

tl;dr - What does 'don't mind going anywhere' mean here?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

This is a way of saying s/he is willing to go anywhere you'd like because s/he has no preference.

• L
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

It means.................he has no problems going anywhere with you.

• 2 months ago

The friend is happy to go with you wherever you want to go. It also implies that they think you know the city better than they do and so you will know the most interesting places.

• 2 months ago

I would assume it means "I'm staying in halls but don't HAVE to stay here, I can go anywhere you'd like to go." They are saying that they want to spend time with you and are happy to go anywhere you want to go. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It means exactly what it says~ they don't mind if you both go somewhere while that person is staying in town.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It means he's willing to go somewhere else with you.

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

They don't mind going anywhere 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.