Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 2 months ago

should Elon Musk be prosecuted for "gaming" the stock market via his tweets about Gamestop, Bitcoin, Dogecoin, etc? why or not?

also his own company Tesla, he has tweeted things like 'I think this is too high a price" and it caused a sell off, where he could come in and buy it lower? or what was the purpose? again, why the SEC has not gone after him?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Steve
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

To me, it does seem a little off, but I doubt that theres any law against it. I see articles quite often saying Warren Buffett got out of this or he got into that. Also, a company can pay a media company to promote their stock. All 3 things seem a bit shady, but they are done all the time. Oh, I forgot to mention paid pumpers on stock market message boards. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.