Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Told a random friend from high school that I wanted to **** him while out at a bar. Yes, I'm bold. What do you think of his response? ?

So this happened when I was about 25, married. We aren't here to discuss the fact that I'm married, and no I have never cheated on my husband. In a champagne-induced trip to the bar, I slipped out some real feelings I'd had for this person in a not super classy way. In my head, I was hoping if I said it outloud to him and in the quickest way possible, I'd never think about him again. And those were my honest intentions. Even if he'd agreed to it, nothing would have happened there. Anyway, he seemed pretty shocked when I leaned in and said it outside while my husband was in the bar with our friends. He said "isn't your boyfriend in there?" And I said something along the lines of "yes, but he's my husband now, so keep it quiet". I messaged him a few days later, apologizing for putting him in that position and making him feel uncomfortable. He said something along the lines of me saying something after having a bit too much to drink. I honestly wasn't drunk, but whatever. I told him just to take it as a compliment, and as a recent divorcee himself, he said something like " I wish for you to be married as long as you can". 

For context, this is a guy who I was kind of loose friends with in high-school, who 10 years ago, attempted to seduce me when I was in a long term relationship with my high school sweetheart, saying I was his type and that he wanted to hook up. It's been over a year since this happened. If you were a guy, would you still be thinking about this moment? 

• i + i

Is this that guy you keep dreaming about? 

Depending on who you were and what you 

may or may not have meant to me, then I 

may or may not "still be thinking about" it. 

Oh yeah, moments like that are priceless. 

If I were this guy it would probably play on my mind if I ever had any intention to get married again. Definitely not a great demonstration of marital fidelity. 

no surprise...you are just a common wh0re

• kristy

He should have taken you to his car and gave it to you. 

As a guy I do tend to think about moments like this and just wonder what MIGHT have happened.  Good or bad.  You may not act on it.  But it is hard to totally forget it also.

The real question is why are you still thinking about it? If you're married, it really shouldn't matter whether this guy is thinking about a sexual comment you made towards him. I think you may have some feelings you need to address in this situation that are deeper than you think.

Honestly, the guy was probably just uncomfortable and was trying to tell you nicely not cheat on your husband. Unless he had serious feelings for you, not just a, 'I wanted to **** you in high school', I really don't know why he would still be thinking about it. Maybe he would, but I'd imagine only to think it was weird, out of the blue, or just pretty shitty to do on your part. Which it kinda was.