Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is my dinner too big?

Today for dinner I had a hamburger patty with 2 slices of Kraft cheddar cheese melted on top and onions but no bread - it was served with ketchup and drops of mustard

I also had around 6-7 cups of potatoes mixed with black vinegar and salt 

My dad wanted to use up our potato’s before his next shopping trip so we decided to cut up around 8 potatoes for dinner tonight 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Cathy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

The burger and cheese is probably around 400-600 calories, depending on the size of the burger. I just looked up the calories in a cup of chopped potatoes and it's 105. 600-700 calories of potatoes is a lot. In my opinion that's a whole lot for 1 meal. You could have made some kind of potato salad and used it over a few days if you were trying to use up potatoes.

• Alpha
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

While what you ate may not be "big", it is also very unhealthy because it is very lacking in fruits and vegetables while 2 slices of cheese is too much saturated fat for one meal.  Even adding a green lettuce to your burger would had going a long way to make it healthier.

Next time, have some green veggies or fresh fruits and cut back on the cheese.

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It sounds like 'enough' for a good dinner, enough to fill you up until morning, and as you had no bun, that means less carbs so...........  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.