Is my dinner too big?

Today for dinner I had a hamburger patty with 2 slices of Kraft cheddar cheese melted on top and onions but no bread - it was served with ketchup and drops of mustard

I also had around 6-7 cups of potatoes mixed with black vinegar and salt 

My dad wanted to use up our potato’s before his next shopping trip so we decided to cut up around 8 potatoes for dinner tonight 

• Cathy

The burger and cheese is probably around 400-600 calories, depending on the size of the burger. I just looked up the calories in a cup of chopped potatoes and it's 105. 600-700 calories of potatoes is a lot. In my opinion that's a whole lot for 1 meal. You could have made some kind of potato salad and used it over a few days if you were trying to use up potatoes.

• Alpha

While what you ate may not be "big", it is also very unhealthy because it is very lacking in fruits and vegetables while 2 slices of cheese is too much saturated fat for one meal.  Even adding a green lettuce to your burger would had going a long way to make it healthier.

Next time, have some green veggies or fresh fruits and cut back on the cheese.

• denise

It sounds like 'enough' for a good dinner, enough to fill you up until morning, and as you had no bun, that means less carbs so...........